Friday 21 January 2011

My name is Heather Lewis and I am a writer.

Ok, so this is my first posting on my blog. I have absolutely no idea if anyone will ever read it but that's a different issue. I suppose this, like every other writer's blog, is intended to declare my online presence which, I have been told, I need. Personally speaking, I'd rather not. The idea of baring one's soul to all and sundry is quite hideous in my opinion but here goes.

My name is Heather Lewis. I'd like to be a writer. I feel I should announce this in front of a group of people as an admittance of some dirty addiction. For a long time I have been very secretive about it, only divulging this most private desire to my closest friends. My face has always blushed red whenever I have mentioned it in fear of being laughed at. I'm only too aware of the fact that there are thousands of people out there who harbour a similar wish, many of whom have struggled for years on their magnum opus; many of whom will have got lost along the way with other pressures taking over. Why should I be any different? At this moment in time, I can't answer that and I may never be able to. There is a very strong possibility that I will also lose my way and that friends, in years to come, will ask "weren't you writing a book?". My greatest fear is that my answer will be "No, I couldn't finish it - I didn't have time".

So, I've got to try. Step by step, little by little, I need to drag myself to completion. Stuff the journey - I want the end; the finished article. Please excuse the grammatical errors and poor punctuation. Forgive any over indulgent descriptions and melodrama. I'm still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment